micro:bit logger enables users to log data via bluetooth LE
- Temperture Service
- Accelerometer Service
- Magnetometer Service
- Button Service
Logging can be enabled per service. The Device Information Service and DFU Service can not be logged.
Supported export formats
- CSV (;)
- CSV (,)
Export via email
- Security enabled - pair - tx level 0
- Security enabled - pair - tx level 7 (consumes more power)
- Security disabled - open - tx level 0
- Security disabled - open - tx level 7 (consumes more power)
All hex-files are based on micro:bit firmware 2.0.0-rc9--g
The following services are enabled: DFU Control, Device Information, Temperature, Magnetometer, Accelerometer and Button.
Preparing micro:bit and pairing
- Upload one of the above hex-files to your micro:bit
- Wait until the micro:bit asks you to draw a circle
- Draw a circle by moving the micro:bit. This will calibrate the compass
Pairing (Only required if security enabled)
- Make sure that bluetooth is enabled on your device
- Open the MB:logger app
- Initiate pairing mode on micro:bit. Hold A + B and press the reset button briefly. Wait until your see the scrolling text "PAIRING MODE".
- Release button A and B.
- Press the button rescan for devices
- Tap your micro:bit
- Click on Connect
- The system will ask you for a pin. Press button A on the micro:bit.
- Enter all 6 digits and press OK.
- The micro:bit will restart. Wait until the micro:bit is completely rebooted. In some cases it is required to recalibrate the compass by drawing a circle.
- Tap Connect
Services don't appear in list after pairing
After pairing the micro:bit does not broadcast all available services from the start. As a result the services are not shown in the list. Try to disconnect and connect a couple of times to solve the issue. If this does not help, try to restart your app, phone and micro:bit or try a hex-file without security enabled.
All values are 0
The app didn't receive any notification from the micro:bit. Normally a notification should be received by the micro:bit within the first couple of seconds after a connection is established. If not, press Disconnect followed by Connect.